Friday, October 3, 2014

Gourmet Popcorn {4 Ways!}


In the world of snacks, there are few that rank higher on my list than popcorn.  I can barely resist being anywhere near the stuff and not indulging.  And I won't even mention what happens each time I enter the concession area of a movie theater (whether I've eaten just before arrival or not).  Let's just say I never leave empty-handed.  Yes, it's like that.

For me, popped corn is wonderfully scrumptious on its own, with a bit of salt (and maybe hot sauce--don't judge me), and needs little more to be enjoyed.   But on the occasion that you're looking to "doctor it up", elevating it from simple bar snack status to something rather unforgettable, an easy gourmet touch is all you need.

From sweet, to savory, and beyond, there's no end to the flavor combinations to be had.  I'm sharing four of my favorites to get you started with scrumptious snacking and....

Happy Eating!

Gourmet Popcorn
When going for "top-shelf" popcorn snacking, I prefer to start by popping my own corn kernels (vs. microwaving).  It's quick and easy and can be done in a matter of minutes on the stove-top or with an air-popper.  I recommend using a neutrally flavored oil like canola, sunflower, or vegetable, and following the packaging instructions for perfectly popped corn!

Cinnamon-Sugar 

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Popcorn

Stir or whisk together the sugar, cinnamon and salt.  Sprinkle desired amount over (freshly popped) popcorn and enjoy! Store any extra sugar in an air-tight container.

Garlic-Butter

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons garlic powder
Generous sprinkling of salt
Popcorn

Stir garlic powder and salt into just-melted butter and drizzle over popcorn. Enjoy!

Chocolate-Nut Mix

1/3 cup chocolate chips 
1/3 cup nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, etc.)
Popcorn

Add chocolate and nuts to popcorn and toss to combine.  Enjoy!

Buttered Toffee 

Toffee Sauce
Popcorn

Drizzle toffee over popcorn and toss to coat.  Enjoy!





 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig