Tuesday, July 30, 2013

{Sweet Decadence}: Chocolate Sorbet

Dreamy. Indulgent. Scrumptious. Decadent.  Those are just a few of the words that come to mind when describing the frozen treat that I can never get enough of: ice cream!  And this past weekend, I brought an intensely satisfying version to life in my kitchen.

With little more than a few ingredients, and my ice cream maker in tow, I indulged in making an uber-rich, chocolate sorbet.  Because I relish ice cream more than any other dessert--dare I say food--I purposely try to limit its presence in my freezer for obvious reasons.  

But when you're talking homemade sorbet (or gelato or ice cream or any other incarnation of frozen cream), exceptions must be made.  Cocoa, cinnamon, espresso and vanilla are the main flavors that yield this sorbet that is as rich and fudgy and satisfying as any chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted.  And because it wields a potently sweet and chocolate kick, you only need a little to hit the spot (or so I tell myself.)

As the remaining days of Summer unfold, I look forward to enjoying more sweet decadence and hope you will, too.

Happy Eating! 

Chocolate Sorbet

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups water
1/4 cup brewed espresso (1 shot)

Method:
In a large saucepan, mix the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in 2 cups water and the espresso. Cook over low heat until the ingredients are dissolved. Transfer to a container and refrigerate until very cold.

Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's directions. The sorbet will still be soft; place it in an airtight container and freeze for 1 hour or overnight, until firm enough to scoop.
  Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten

  
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oooh! This looks and sounds so good! I've never had chocolate sorbet before so I need to add to my must try list. :-)

    ReplyDelete

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig